Dedicated to my daughter with L.O.V.E.
May you come to understand your past and discover your future.
-Mommy

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Virtual Time Capsule: Gina



Dearest Emma,

Happy 7th Birthday. You are such a beautiful little girl, on your way to becoming an amazing woman. I am so thankful to be a part of your life. You are always willing to give me the hugs and kisses I love. I know I always tell you that you are the baby girl I'll never have. That's my way
of saying I couldn't love you any more than if you were truly mine. One day you will look back and understand what that means. I hope you always let me stay involved in your life. I can see you with your first boyfriend, going on your first date while your mom and I give him the 3rd degree and Chris and Clayton mean mugging him, going to prom...maybe you'll let me help pick out your dress, graduating from high school, graduating from college, getting married, and having my grandbabies.

I want you to know that there is no right order to those events in your life. The Cal moms are all examples of accomplishing any dream you have at any time in your life. All things are possible for you. What matters most is believing in yourself and not letting other people tell you what you can or can't do.

Heaven forbid your heart ever be broken, but on that day remember we love you and I promise the pain does fade. I'll be there to hold your hand, hug you and cry with you. Your mom and I will sing "Pray For You" with you until we laugh through our tears. We'll have to hold Chris and Clay back because they'll want to kill the person who hurts their little sister.

Remember to be good to your mother. She is one of the most amazing, beautiful, intelligent, loving, wonderful, (there's not enough words or room to accurately describe her) people I know. She loves you more than you could ever imagine and has always tried her hardest for you. Everything she has done has been to provide a better life for you. I know you two will bump heads and fight but always remember she is doing what she believes is best for you. She has experienced more life than you and is just trying to protect you as much as she can. Tell her you love her everyday!

Lastly always remember that I'm here for you anytime of day or night. I'd like to think we'll just be walking distance, but as life happens it may be a little farther. I will never be too busy for you. You can come stay with us whenever you want. Just like you do now. When I get my own house there will be a room for you to come stay. Don't ever be embarrassed to ask me for anything or tell me anything. I love you so much.

P.S. You know how much I love Country music and I always find songs that fit the occasion. So today's song for you is "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts.

Gina

0 comments on "Virtual Time Capsule: Gina"

 

Notes to Emma Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez