Dedicated to my daughter with L.O.V.E.
May you come to understand your past and discover your future.
-Mommy

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Virtual Time Capsule: Auntie Traci



Welcome to 7 years on this Earth! Or maybe I should be thanking the universe for delivering you to so many lives and to one of the best Mamas I know.

Your Mama has asked a few of us to put in writing what you mean to our lives, and to provide you any advice we feel you could use during your lifetime and personally, I think it’s one of the most beautiful she could give you. The gift of love and admiration. And you get it in writing! What more can a girl ask for?

I didn’t quite know what to say before because, unfortunately, I don’t really get to spend that much time with you. But the more I thought about it, if I were to just speak on the person that you are, I would have to say that you are a very unique little person. I love your individuality and the way that you communicate so freely. And…hey, that honesty is right up there with the best of them. I asked if you would be bored spending the night at my house with just the two of us hanging out and you replied, “yes”, with a slight giggle. When I popped up on you last Sunday you didn’t seem overly excited that I’d intercepted your alone time with Mommy, but you gave me a hug anyway and even made me a few barrette designs [I’m smiling at the thought]...You are honest in all that you do BE DAMNED! And you know what? That is exactly how you should be. Don’t compromise who you are for anyone. Look them in the face, with those big brown eyes and give ‘em the truth, girl. Take those little girl ways you have with all the power they hold and carry them into womanhood with you because they will assist you as you navigate your way through life. Not to say that this journey will be traveled alone. Just the fact that your Mama has several of us submitting words of love, on your behalf, shows that you have many people ready, willing, and able, to speak volumes of love, about the little Princess. You are so loved and I hope you always know that. You have accumulated a lot of adoptive family that would be there at the drop of a hat, should you need it. That is always. Not fly by night, just 2010, just today, just tomorrow. It’s ALWAYS. Remember that during the important times because being a girl – wait, a smart | beautiful girl, is NOT easy. There will be many along the way that will want to take your strength, attempt to silence you, and some that might even leave you feeling like you have to dumb down to have them in your space. Release them into the atmosphere…with the QUICKNESS because it’s vital that you surround yourself with the healthiest of people – MIND | BODY | and SPIRIT.

As of this writing, I am making a promise to spend more time in your space so that you can know with everything in you, that the words here are sincere.

Love,

Traci

2 comments on "Virtual Time Capsule: Auntie Traci"

Beauty in Rare Form on June 5, 2010 at 2:52 PM said...

"Happy Birthday, my Beautiful Niece". I hope this day is filled with joy and plenty of laughter to be remembered for a long time to come. You look absolutely beautiful in your Red/White that your Mommy has on her Facebook...but when don't you look beautiful.

I love you very much!

Auntie Traci

Barbara on June 6, 2010 at 12:34 AM said...

Had to change the photo to one that reflected your beautiful reflection on this day =). She had such a great one. Was smiling from sun up to sun down, and that would have NEVER been possible without the love of so many all around us. I could not have asked for more wonderful friends and family for my baby =).

 

Notes to Emma Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez