Dedicated to my daughter with L.O.V.E.
May you come to understand your past and discover your future.
-Mommy

Friday, November 12, 2010

One Smart Cookie Revisited


Photo Credit

Dear Emma,

I met with your teacher this week. It was such a pleasant experience. She was excited to talk about you. She told me all about your accomplishments this year, thus far, and showed me some of your work. You are doing such a great job. I am extremely proud of you. She noted your compassion, your ability to try hard, your improvements, your leadership, and how much you genuinely love to learn. I shared with her the ways that you will randomly throw pairs of numbers out at me, testing me - confirming your own calculations. I think you are one of those people who lives life by equation. No matter what is thrown your way, you will always figure out all of the answers.

Today, I am treating you to a day at the movies. Your reward for doing your very best.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments on "One Smart Cookie Revisited"

Reggie on December 19, 2010 at 6:58 PM said...

Isn't it always good to hear someone else gush about our children? One of the best experiences that I ever had with one of my children's teachers was during a Parent/Teacher conference after I'd had a really bad day at work.

Just hearing them carry on about what an excellent student my daughter was made my day.

Barbara on December 20, 2010 at 12:45 PM said...

Yep. You pretty much described my experience. My day had not been a good one, up until the point of sitting down and being reassured that my kid is awesome =). Yay for A+ moments.

 

Notes to Emma Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez