Dedicated to my daughter with L.O.V.E.
May you come to understand your past and discover your future.
-Mommy

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Miss. Personality




My dearest Emma,

You have the brightest smile, the boldest personality, and you have the ability to belt out the most infectious laughter. There is no other little girl on this planet like you, and the space within my soul that you occupy keeps my heart beating.

I created this place just for you. So that I would be able to share with you, in real time, the days of our lives. But more importantly, I wanted a place to share YOU with you. As you know, when I was 2 years older than you are now, my mama died. And what you are still too young to understand is that, when she died, she took the details of the life that we had together with her. I can only learn of those times through the memories of others.

I do not want that for you. If something should happen to me, I want you to be able to pick up a book, flip to chapter whatever, and find out all about yourself, your childhood, me, your dad, what was once me and your dad, and anything else that you may have wanted or needed to ask me. And should nothing happen to me before I am ready to hand these letters/notes over to you, my hope is that I am able to fill in any blanks that you may have in your mind, and that this future piece of literature will strengthen our relationship even more.

Love,
Mama

6 comments on "Miss. Personality"

Beauty in Rare Form on March 2, 2010 at 2:15 PM said...

I think it's beautiful and something that each child should have to look back on. I may set something similar up for Jinho. Great idea.

Barbara on March 4, 2010 at 7:58 PM said...

Thanks Traci. You should do it!

T.Allen on March 4, 2010 at 8:33 PM said...

Oh this is the best idea ever, and I'm so happy you started it. What a beautiful journey.

Radical Selfie on March 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM said...

Absolutely beautiful, Barbara! Her personality seems to pop right through the pictures!

Barbara on March 23, 2010 at 12:37 PM said...

@ T: Thanks! I can't wait until I can present these writings to her. I know that she will appreciate them =).

@ Execumama: Thank you! She is a ball of everything my heart desires =).

Hana Njau-Okolo on March 24, 2010 at 6:03 PM said...

Her smiles are captivating. What a lovely celebration of the joy she brings to you, and now to us.

 

Notes to Emma Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez